Check Which Identity Problem You Have?
Some make choices (commitment) that fit their own individuality. But many suffer from any of the following problems:
1. Unable to make a clear decision and often avoid commitments; they do not perceive a need to actively explore alternatives also
2. Some make commitments (usually adopting the beliefs and values of their parents), but do not actively explore alternatives for themselves
3. Some are actively exploring options and alternatives, but could not yet make firm commitments
Why Identity Is important ?
1. It helps you decide a right direction / focus / goals suitable to your individuality
2. It helps to filter unsuitable but attractive ‘traps’ in your life
3. It helps to have satisfactory relationships with others in family, work and business
4. It helps to have balanced & steady growth in your life; present yourself effectively to others
5. It helps you to identify right opportunities for future growth and happiness
6. It helps you get ‘flow’ in your work; and also in Emotional Intelligence such as Anger Management and Overcoming Depression etc
7. It helps you become more creative and optimum efficient
Identity develops by two ways:
1. Identity is usually either through imitation of and identification with others.
Unable to make a clear decision and often avoid commitments; they do not perceive a need to actively explore alternatives also.
One will avoid identity decision making or conform to external social conventions
2. By actively self-construction based on what is important for the self and to others
An active identity is based on exploring alternatives, self-constructing, and experiencing.
Active identity is based on internal construction of self-regulatory psychological systems that
Direct and guide behaviour For Active way of Self – Constru
Identity formation requires one to explore alternatives to decide one’s identity (individuality based) and commitment to such decided identity. Constructing Identity, one requires a proper guidance or Guru.